FACEBOOK

See all my current work, sales and specials, and just a pretty cool page of nails and stuff.
I love new fans!

Sunday, December 25, 2011

This Officially Sucks. . . .

Yup, it's been FOREVER since I posted and it's because I've been CrAzY busy. I started my apprenticeship as planned on the 15th of September and now, I'm almost completely done with my hours. That sounds great. . . . right? . . . . It should be great, but it isn't so great. It has been NUTS. I have not learned everything that I need to learn. I have my 300 hours, but mopping, emptying trash cans, and working long days with not even a lunch break . . . . nope . . . . those things aren't on the test. :-( Don't get me wrong, I love doing nails and that part has been really fun! But pretty much I've taught myself to do everything. They want me there all day every day and no one there pulls their weight when it comes to the "housekeeping" part of the job so I get stuck with it all. This Christmas break has kinda been the last straw. Because my husband is out of school, she thinks I need to be there all day every day. I was there for the entire day Christmas Eve and only had TWO customers, but she wouldn't let me go home. We get paid on commission, so I don't make any money if no one comes in, but it doesn't bother her because she doesn't have to pay me! I sound like such a whiner, but it really has been hard being away from my family every single day these past few months. ;-( Some Saturdays when I'm there from 10-8 I don't even get a break for lunch.

So right now we are in decision making mode. I know I could keep going and keep teaching myself and EVENTUALLY learn everything I need to know to pass the test and get my license. BUT do I really want to do that, and then be obligated to work there for three years where I'm not happy?? If I go somewhere else, I will probably have to start my hours over again and most likely will have to pay someone to teach me. On the plus side though, I will be able to work for myself as soon as I'm finished. (There is a cute girl in town I'm in the process of talking to about it . . . . Cross your fingers we can work something out.) And I will know my stuff, which is also a very big plus. I'm leaning toward the 2nd option, but I'm still not sure what is the best choice for me and my family. If I decide to switch gears, I want to do it tomorrow so I can spend this week with MY FAMILY instead of scrubbing feet. :-) We are pretty religious people, and when I first started we prayed really hard and felt good about the decision. So that makes me wonder if I am even qualified in this whole decision making thing. Probably not.

That's where you come in. What should I do??? Any tips, advice, prayers, or positive thoughts over the next 24 hours or so would be greatly appreciated. You can vote in my poll at if you want!! It's at the top of the page on the left. Thanks for listening. And thanks for your help.

P.S. If you want to see some of the nails of done the past few months, check out my Facebook Page!! HERE

Oh and P.S. Again. . . . The nail school I wanted to go to went out of business, so that isn't an option anymore either.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, not every answer to prayer leads to a positive experience. Sometimes we need to go through a bad experience to truly be led the right way. It's all part of the plan.

    Now, if you are honestly wasting your time, it's good to move along. Time is not a good thing to waste when you really miss out on so much. I agree with Kenzie on facebook, talk to her. Ask her several questions all day long to get the point across that you aren't learning everything you need for your tests. I wouldn't want someone telling people they learned something from me and they were bad at it or failed a test 15 times or something. I would make sure I did it right. But build her up in the process (thanks, you've been great, this opportunity has been wonderful...blah).

    You need to do what's best for you.

    ReplyDelete