FACEBOOK

See all my current work, sales and specials, and just a pretty cool page of nails and stuff.
I love new fans!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Update! {St. George, Utah Gel Nails}

Okay, so I don't even think anyone is reading this blog, BUT I want to keep track for myself so I can look back and laugh at what a dork I was/am. ha ha ha. Here is the latest in the Quest for a Nail Technician License:

I met with a cute girl here in St. George that does awesome nails. She is looking into getting her instructor's license. She is darling and would be great to work with. We have kids almost the exact same ages, she does a great job, and I think we'd get along very well. The only challenges are #1 she doesn't have her license yet, #2 She doesn't work many nights, which is when I'm available, and #3 I'm not sure what she'd charge me. So, I'm not ruling that option out yet, but it's still up in the air.

The Nail School I've been looking at has an opening starting the beginning of August, I just have to scrounge up the Moolah, which isn't exactly a walk in the park. Summers are already complicated for us financially because my preschool/daycare/some piano income stops for a few months. (And we go on camping trips to Yellowstone that cost money, but are oh so worth it. . .) My hubby sold his car, which was originally supposed to go to the nail school fund, but instead went to the paying bills and living fund. There went that idea. Ha ha ha. BUT we have a booth selling pretzels this weekend and that $ WILL go to the Nail School pot. (Right Hunny??) Plus, I've been selling a bunch of stuff on EBAY, (go check it out) and THAT $ goes to Nail school. And last, but for sure not least I sold ONE Pre-paid Gift card to Polished Nail Spa, and that money also goes to the pot. (YOU can still help me out and buy one too!!)

Anyone have a rich, small business investing, super nice relative?? ha ha ha. If all else fails, which it might, when the beginning of next year rolls around, I can make up the difference with our tax return. Whew. I hope I don't have to wait that long. Have I mentioned I'm rally BAD at waiting? Yup. I am.

And that's where it all stands. I'm still really excited about it though. At least I have lots of time to dream up what services and fun things I'm going to offer, how I'm going to run things, and all of that jazz. It will be awesome when it hits the ground RUNNING! :-) Thanks for reading this far. I'm really surprised someone actually made it. And most of all THANKS for supporting me and my crazy ideas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment