FACEBOOK

See all my current work, sales and specials, and just a pretty cool page of nails and stuff.
I love new fans!

Monday, June 20, 2011

Still Planning

I'm still in the very early planning stages of this venture. The hubby and I are calculating and brainstorming ways to get me to nail school. (He is the best by the way! He's even willing to sell his car to add to the fund. Thanks for supporting me my love. Get this, he was even going to let me paint his toe-nails the other night!! I never did, but the fact that he was completely willing is pretty impressive, don't you think?) I've talked to quite a few people and they are on the lookout for techs I could do an apprenticeship with.

I wanted to post today about what I want my salon space to be like, and get your input and opinions! My great hubster is letting me have our spare bedroom as my "nail room" I want it to be a really fun, modern, chill place ladies can come hang out and relax. I'll have my work table and chairs of course, but then I'm thinking I'll have a little couch, a fridge stalked with soda pop, cool magazines to look at, and chocolate. Is there anything else the ladies in the audience can think of that would make it a really cool space that you would want to spend a few hours a month in on yourself?? Seriously, give me your opinions!!

Also, give me some opinions on my logo and this blog so far. I just stared it last night, so it is still a diamond in the rough. What types of things would you like to read about? What would you like to see? What about the logo?

The focus of my salon is going to be gel nails. They are AMAZING!! I used to have acrylics and I've converted. They are lighter, thinner, more natural feeling, sturdier, and they don't lift near as much. Plus, you can mix all kinds of neat stuff into the gel. AND since you cure them under a lamp, you don't have to wait for them to dry. All around they just rock. I'm also going to do glitter toes, regular manicures and pedicures, nail parties, and host Girl's Night Out! Is there ANYTHING else YOU want?? What services would make my salon better? Ideas please!!

Thanks for joining me on this adventure. I'm excited to keep you update on how it's all panning out. Have a fabulous day!

2 comments:

  1. I think it sounds awesome! You could maybe do little girl birthday parties were you go to the park or wherever the party is an paint toes and fingers! You could also do nail and picture combos where you do like a bride or seniors nails before you take their pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you should have a pretzel warmer in the salon with Cinnamon pretzels - sis

    ReplyDelete